- All classes are to be paid in full at the time of registration.
- There is a 5% discount for siblings for the Fall/Spring & Summer Semesters
- For the child that takes 2 or more classes per week there is a 5% discount for the Fall/Spring & Summer Semesters
- There are NO REFUNDS AFTER 2ND WEEK OF EACH SEMESTER, TUITION CREDIT ONLY.
- There are NO REFUNDS for MISSED CLASSES. (see “Make-up” Policy below)
- If a student withdraws because of emergency circumstances (medical), a tuition credit is allowed for the remaining semester. Request for any refund must be made in writing.
- If a student, parent, or caretaker is dismissed because of improper conduct or unsafe behavior,
all semester fees are automatically forfeited.
- The club reserves the right to cancel, combine, or re-schedule classes, due to lack of registration.
- There will be a $30.00 charge on any check returned to us from the bank.
- We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards.
PGI Club Uniform
PGI navy blue leotard – $15 (Gym-Kin Shop)
Shorts or sweatpants
Gymnastic shoes, with or without socks – $15 (Gym-Kin Shop)
Leggings to the ankle or bare legs (absolutely no nylon tights or stockings that cover the bottom of the feet)
Hair should be pinned and pulled back in a pony tail (Note: Free from obstructing eye sight while upside down)
PGI navy T-shirt (no oversized shirts) – $15 (Gym-Kin Shop)
Shorts or sweatpants
Gymnastic shoes – $15 (Gym-Kin Shop)
Recommended by the Gymnastic Safety Association:
Clothing should be free of any buttons, buckles or zippers.
No jewelry – earrings, necklaces, bracelets or rings.
Karate (Girls & Boys):
Karate Kids USA T-shirts – $15
Karate Gee – $35
The Gym-Kin Shop
For your convenience, we have a store featuring a complete line of gymnastic apparel, accessories and equipment. If you don’t see what you want, we will be glad to order it for you. Uniforms can be purchased at the gym. Please call for club uniform prices.
Classes are grouped according to ageand ability. Small group instruction insures the maximum development of each individual (9 to 1 student-to-teacher ratio).
At Progressive Gymnastics-East we feel that each child should be given the opportunity to explore a wide variety of movement concepts and skills in a safe and positive learning environment. We recognize that all children are individuals and learn in different ways, therefore, activities and lessons are individualized and personalized to give each child a chance to develop his/her greatest potential.
Our staff consists of certified physical education teachers, college and high school coaches and competitors who are trained educators and who have mastered the skills of good teaching progressions and safety. Their love for the sport, caring, warmth, enthusiasm and dedication to children provides a good working relationship for all.
Besides being great people, our staff are certified and qualified in the following areas:
CPR & First Aid (Child/Adult); Progressions Safety Certified through the United States Gymnastics Federation; and accredited gymnastic coaches and official judges and upstanding members of the United States Gymnastic Federation.
Mr. Reid has taught acting and musical theatre classes for the better part of ten years here on long island, both at The Studio and at LIPAC (Long Island Performing Arts Center), in Lindenhurst. A veteran of Broadway, he spent eight years in the Broadway production of Miss Saigon, understudying the role of John. He has also performed in numerous summerstock, regional and touring companies throughout the years. Jeff earned his B.F.A. in theatre as an acting specialist from The University Of Wisconsin-Madison, after which, he attended The Circle In The Square Theatre School in Manhattan. You can catch him performing with his local band Samepaige.
- If a student is absent due to any reason, the missed class may be made up by attending any regularly scheduled class of the same age and same skill level.
- The make-up class MUST be scheduled though the office.
- Make-ups must be completed during the registered session and may not be credited to succeeding sessions.
- Make-ups can be transferred to the next semester only if the student has re-enrolled. Otherwise, the absences are forfeited by the student.
- Make-up scheduling is the responsibility of the individual student and parent.
- No monetary reimbursements are applicable for classes not made up.
Cancellations Due to Inclement Weather
PGI will try to reschedule “make-up” days for inclement weather. If the make-up class you need does not fit into our schedule or yours, it is the responsibility of the student and parent to reschedule his or her make-up.
Each Parent or Guardian is required to sign a medical release stating that their child is in good physical condition and has been examined by a physician within the last 6 months and is in relatively good health and able to participate in a full gymnastics program.